| || Born || 5 May 1765 || |
| || Married || 1794 || Ann Barager |
| || Died || 27 March 1835 || Sophiasburg, Ontario |
- Father: unknown
- Mother: unknown
- Mary Benedict; 1792-
- Sarah Benedict; 1793-
- Reuben Benedict; 1795-1851
- Smith Benedict; 1797-1889
- William Benedict; 1800-
- Fanny Benedict; 1802
- Peter Benedict; 1803-
- Elizabeth Benedict; 1805-
- Ann Benedict; 1807
Jamesí Early Years
James had three sisters, one of whom married Matthew Smith, and another married Nathan Green. Nathan Green lived in the same place with the father (?) of James1
James and Ann Barager
Ann was the daughter of Peter Barager and Elizabeth Huff of Peekskill. She was born on July 10, 1774 and died July 11, 1849 at the age of 75, outliving James by 14 years1
The Final Years for James
James died on March 27, 1835 at Sophiasburg, Ontario1
Most of the information on James is sourced from GBA1
Notes on the children
- Mary; born Feb. 24, 1792; married Nov. 26, 1810 to Richard Grooms.
- Sarah; born Oct. 14, 1793.
- Reuben; born Aug. 31, 1795; married Nancy, daughter of Moses Smith, born 1800 and died Dec. 16, 1847. Reuben died 1851 in Canada. Children:
- Jane; married Bostedo
- William; died 1834.
- Elizabeth; married Arner.
- Charlotte; married Beattie
- George W.; born March 20, 1828; married Nov. 25, 1851 to Anna, daughter of Enoch and Sarah Cronk of Canada West, she born Oct. 9, 1830. George was a publisher of Sunk Rapids (Minnesota) Sentinel, and was a practical printer1.
- William; born Oct. 20, 1800; married to Eliza Fairman of Lockport. Children:
- Harriet; born Oct. 4, 1826 at Lewiston; married in September of 1849 to Freeman J. Fithian, son of Benjamin Fithian of New Jersey. "Mr. Fithian is judge of the superior court in New York, a sound lawyer, and a thoroughly upright, true man."1
- James C.; resident of Des Moines, Iowa; editor of Des Moines State Register.
- Fanny; born Jan. 31, 1802; married Oliver Rugg.
- Peter; born June 14, 1803; married Sarah Ann Hess; resided at Shannonville. Children:
- Ambrose J.; born about 1832; died on May 18, 1928 at Mandon, Michigan at age of 96 years.
- George; born Feb. 14, 1846.
- Smith; born June 30, 1853.
- Elizabeth; born 1805; married to Paul Cronk and resided at Watertown.
- Ann; born 1807; married to John Cronk.
- "Genealogy of the Benedicts in America", by Henry M. Benedict; 1st pub. 1870; orig. avail. at Daughters of the American Revolution in Washington, DC.
- 11 Jun 2008